Data Privacy Notice
Centenary Thurles Co-operative Society Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, store and use your personal data.
Personal data we collect
- You may provide personal data to us, if you choose to:
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting;
- register an account;
- subscribe to any of our services including marketing services to keep you informed about news, promotions, products and events.;
- request further services /newsletters including by email and sms.
How we use information
- Personal information which we collect from you will only be used for the purposes for which it was provided by you. We may use your information for the following:
- for internal record keeping purposes;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to provide you with information and updates in relation to our business, products and services;
- to allow you to participate in promotional and marketing activities and for market research purposes;
- for our business purposes, such as developing our business, products and services, engaging in market research providing customer service etc.; and
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We do not hold more information than is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it. We do not collect or keep your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
We may use your personal data to notify you by post, phone, email, and SMS about our products and services. If you no longer wish to receive information about our products and services you may, at any time, write to Data Co-ordinator, Centenary Thurles Co-op, Templemore Road, Thurles, Co. Tipperary. If you have more than one address or email address please make sure to notify any changes to your preferences for each address or email address you have registered with us.
- Where you have given your consent, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
- From time to time, to inform you by post, email, sms or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from Centenary Thurles Co-op.
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and/or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
Security of personal data
We use appropriate technical measures to protect any information you disclose to us.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you close your account, we will retain your personal data for a period where it is necessary to continue operating our business effectively, to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes until these purposes no longer exist, and to retain as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Right of Access, rectification and erasure
If at any time after giving us personal information you decide that you would like a copy of the personal information or you no longer wish us to hold or use the information, or if that the information becomes out of date or inaccurate, you are free to notify us by writing to the Data Protection Co-ordinator, Centenary Thurles Co-op, Templemore Road, Thurles, Co. Tipperary. You should include any personal identifiers which you supplied (e.g. name; address; phone number; e-mail address, account number). We will endeavour to promptly provide you with a copy of the information or remove or rectify the information.